NevronMotion Transforms Mocap in LightWave 11.6
Powerful new cost-effective Microsoft Kinect based motion retargeting system allows users to easily capture, adjust and retarget motion to 3D objects and characters
Posted: Tue 23 Jul 2013
SIGGRAPH 2013 – Anaheim, CA – July 23, 2013 – The LightWave 3D® Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., today unveiled NevronMotion™, an exciting new motion capture retargeting software for LightWave 11.6 that supports the popular Microsoft Kinect camera. With NevronMotion, artists and animators can quickly and easily capture, adjust and retarget motion data to 3D models inside LightWave.
NevronMotion extends the Virtual Studio Tools in LightWave 11.6 3D software to let artists:
• Capture live rig motion with the Microsoft Kinect camera
• Retarget motion capture directly in LightWave Layout
• Save and adjust captured motion data from the Kinect camera
• Easily adjust arm and leg mocap positions and layer hand-keyed animation on top of motion capture files
• Save and load retargeting presets for FBX, BVH, or custom set ups
• Preset rigs for Kinect and motion capture formats
• Quickly bake out motion to character rigs
"Working with motion capture files in LightWave is now extremely easy with the new tools in NevronMotion. Not only can artists quickly retarget a motion capture skeleton on LightWave characters, but they can create presets for retargeting to speed up working with custom motion capture libraries,” said Rob Powers, president, LightWave 3D Group. “And when paired with the Kinect Camera, the real-time performance and motion capture capabilities of NevronMotion make it a real game changer."
Pricing and Availability
NevronMotion is priced at $299 (USD) and is expected to ship Q4 2013. Visit www.lightwave3d.com/buy to purchase NevronMotion or locate an authorized LightWave reseller.
For more information about NevronMotion, LightWave 11.6 or the LightWave 3D Group, please visit: www.lightwave3d.com, Twitter, YouTube or connect with us on Facebook.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: www.newtek.com, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or connect with us on Facebook.
● NevronMotion is a trademark of NewTek.
● LightWave 3D is a registered trademark of NewTek.
● NewTek, TriCaster, 3Play and LightWave are trademarks of NewTek.
● All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
KG|KD Public Relations
kdove [@] kgkdpr.com
Click the image for a higher resolution image.