LightWave 3D Group Offers $695 LightWave 11.6 Crossgrade to 2D and 3D Artists
Add the powerful, easy-to-use modeling, rendering and animation tools in LightWave 3D to any creative pipeline
Posted: Fri 12 Sep 2014
The LightWave 3D® Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., is offering a $695 (USD) crossgrade price for a full license of LightWave 11.6 software to current owners of other 2D and 3D software programs—a savings of $800 over the current $1495 (USD) retail price of LightWave. The $695 crossgrade offer is set to end September 30, 2014. Details of the offer are available at www.lightwave3d.com/crossgrade_promo/.
Crossgrade pricing is available to all artists using other 2D and 3D software programs such as Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max and Softimage, Houdini, Cinema 4D, Modo, Unity, Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, and more. Crossgrade pricing, however, varies in Japan. For more details, contact Dstorm at www.dstorm.co.jp.
The LightWave Advantage
Created by artists for artists, LightWave 3D is award-winning software that offers an end-to-end production pipeline for artists and designers to model, animate, capture, retarget, render, and input and output to 3D. Some of the many features of LightWave 11.6 include:
- Modeling – Robust polygonal sub-d modeler with real world units
- Surfacing – Stunning photoreal layer-based and nodal surfacing tools
- Rigging – Instant rigging presets with or without weight maps
- Object Referencing – Flexible object referencing architecture or ASCII scenes
- Animation – Procedural, nodal, flocking and keyframe animation tools
- Rendering – Integrated state-of-the-art renderer with unlimited nodes
- Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) – Interactive shading, raytracing, DOF, motion blur, lighting and GI
- Bullet Dynamics – Fast and simple rigid and soft body Dynamics Engine
- Industry Standards – Supports Alembic, FBX, Autodesk Geo Cache, Python, DPX, ZBrush Goz, After Effects, MDD, and OBJ
Artists are invited to test drive the software by downloading a full-feature 30-day trial version of LightWave 11.6 at www.lightwave3d.com/try_lightwave/.
For more information about LightWave 3D software or the LightWave 3D Group, please visit www.lightwave3d.com.
Follow us on social media at Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ or Pinterest. For the latest LightWave video tutorials and artists/studio profiles visit the OfficialLightWave 3D page on YouTube and Vimeo.